Are you an experienced Lab Technician who is looking for a new and exciting challenge in a fast-paced, successful technology company? Want to deliver disruptive change and make a better world? We’re looking for a candidate with suitable production or research and development experience to join our growing production team.
Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge company built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our mission to enrich society and deliver a better world means bringing the benefits of our graphene to an ever-widening range of application spaces including medical science, next generation transportation, consumer electronics and renewable energies. We’re searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, passionate about delivering the science and technologies that will enrich society. If you have this drive and mindset and would like to bring your skills, experience and ideas to Paragraf, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking an individual who can help us: -
- Run standard fabrication procedures throughout the whole production process: growth, thin film deposition, device assembly and test
- To perform standard surface analysis procedures as required to support the production, research and development teams
- Collect and analyse process data to aid optimisation of the production process and support research and development projects
- Maintain & optimise equipment processes through evidential led means
- Through a hands-on rigorous experimental approach, trouble shoot problems and issues, develop and progress solutions identified from the findings.
- Succinctly report findings and provide recommendations for next steps
- Provide timely, reliable support to our research, development and production teams
- Experience of working in an R&D/lab/production facility
- Experience of operating a range of thin film deposition techniques & characterisation equipment, such as MOCVD, evaporation, Raman, AFM, XPS and SEM
- Tenacious, hands on approach to tasks & problem solving
- Diligent and methodical approach to work
- Desire to complete tasks and get results in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload across projects
- Understanding of quantitative performance analysis, e.g. SPC, DoE
- Engineering/Physics/Materials Science diploma or equivalent experience
Advantageous skills and experience
- Understanding of basic electrical and electronic engineering
- Background in electronic devices
- Experience of formal troubleshooting techniques, e.g. 6-Sigma, 8D, FMEA
- Active interest in 2D materials