Paragraf, a leading developer of graphene thin film electronics, is looking for an experienced biosensor laboratory technician to join our growing technology team. Since its isolation in 2004 graphene has promised continually to reshape the world of electronics but has so far remained an elusive prospect. Our company vision is to finally bring the game changing capabilities of this material to the world, delivering its extraordinary benefits to global society. Built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based technologies the company has a wide range of technology development areas in sectors ranging from green energy generation and storage through to medical instrumentation and diagnostics and far beyond.
At Paragraf we seek like-minded, driven people inspired by the idea of achieving and delivering what’s currently out of reach. If you have this mindset and believe you can bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our exciting challenge appeals to you.
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.
We are seeking an individual who can: -
• Support the biosensor R&D programme by assisting and contributing to lab-based research work.
• Fabricate graphene biosensors using novel surface chemistry and processing, following the procedures developed by the Biosensor Research Team.
• Undertake characterisation, electrical test and measurement of biosensor devices and collate results.
• Work closely with the biosensor research team to ensure fabrication and analysis are performed in accordance with the established procedures.
• Support the scale up of processing and test from research to prototype scale, preparing biosensors for internal and external trials as required.
• Perform tasks with a rigorous attention to detail to ensure process repeatability, identifying potential improvements, troubleshooting issues and developing solutions to resolve.
• Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment in the biosensor lab.
• Compile updates for project meetings as required.
• At least 2 years’ experience of fabrication, test and analysis of biosensors in a laboratory environment, involving some or all of the following areas:
- Surface chemistry, functionalisation and processing with proteins/enzymes required to fabricate biosensors.
- Building, testing and characterisation of biosensors in any form (e.g. electrochemical, magnetic, optical).
- Process development and scale up of biosensors.
- Using and optimising electrochemical techniques to monitor biochemical systems (cyclic-voltammetry/chronoamperometry/electrochemical impedance spectroscopy etc).
- Characterisation using surface analytical techniques (e.g. AFM, Raman, FTIR, XPS).
• Degree from a leading university in biochemistry, chemistry, physics, bioengineering or other related field.
• Strong applied, hands-on experimental capabilities.
• Considered and organised approach to tasks.
• Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle several ongoing projects, and can prioritise and organise own workload.
• Capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions.
Advantageous skills and experience
• Materials deposition techniques suitable for biosensor fabrication, e.g. screen printing, thermal evaporation.
• Fabrication and electrical characterisation of graphene devices and sensors.
• Imaging and analysis of biomolecular systems.
• Experience of bio microelectromechanical systems (bio MEMS).
• Development of ELISA or other immunoassays.
• Experience with microfluidic devices.
• Experience of 2D materials.