Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge company built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our company mission is to deliver significantly improved, more accessible technologies in application spaces ranging from medical science through to green, renewable energy, bringing the benefits of graphene to all. We’re searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, passionate about delivering science and technology that will enrich society. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to Paragraf, we’d love to hear from you and find out if you’d like to join our exciting journey.
We have now started production of our first product. This has opened the opportunity to bring on board a financially aware production controller to develop and establish a costing process, giving you a blank canvas to design and plan systems and a reporting structure. We have installed a new ERP system, Microsoft Business Central, into the finance department, and plan to roll it out in the production and Inventory management areas in 2021. As Paragraf is a fast-growing SME, the role will also require you to provide general financial assistance into the finance team, taking on reporting duties and supporting with day-to-day activities.
As a young company we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, and market salary and pension. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference, not only to company success but also to the global science and technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to meeting you.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role will include the following duties:
- Understand, document and develop the costing processes, BOM, labour routings etc. whilst ensuring robust and disciplined policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Inventory control – conversion of raw materials through WIP to finished goods.
- Procurement controller – using the MRP module to ensure optimal inventory levels.
- Control and manage related internal policies, templates and processes through our document management system (EQMS).
- To challenge the status quo and drive efficiency in process and reporting.
- Month end cost reporting to include monthly variance reports, stock valuation, labour efficiency, waste reporting along with other relevant identified KPI’s.
- Monitoring and regular reporting of budget and project variances to budget owners.
- Provide cover for the finance assistant, including purchase and sales ledger, and trial balance.
- Review and publish a dashboard of KPIs from all departments.
- Act as deputy to the Finance Manager: provide cover and ongoing, including assisting with the preparation of month end accounts and routine live reporting, banking authorisation and other reporting requirements.
You will have a strong costing background within manufacturing and be able to work in a high pace environment while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in production accounting in a relevant manufacturing company.
- Experience in managing and producing performance reports that summarise cost performance including budgets and forecasts.
- Experience of setting up cost management processes and reporting.
- Ability to interact across several departments, managing own time and taking responsibilities of deliverables.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience of using an ERP system.
Advantageous skills and experience
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- Experience of Microsoft Business Central.
- Experienced of working in a fast growing company.
- Interest in technology.
- Science degree.