Are you an experienced Equipment Engineer and are up for a new challenge? This role offers an exciting opportunity for you to work in a fast-changing environment with a rapidly growing company.
Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge company built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our company mission is to deliver significantly improved, more accessible technologies in application spaces ranging from medical science through to green, renewable energy, bringing the benefits of graphene to all. We’re searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, passionate about delivering science and technology that will enrich society. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to Paragraf, we’d love to hear from you and find out if you’d like to join our exciting journey.
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.
- Support our R&D and production project delivery through maximising operational up-time and highest operational performance of critical hardware, through a combination of planned monitoring, maintenance and effective troubleshooting
- Work within a team of equipment engineers to deliver a robust programme of planned preventative maintenance which includes continual maintenance of deposition, processing and test equipment and supporting tools
- Devise, implement and manage robust monitoring and maintenance processes, recording routine checks and system events
- Take the lead in resolving equipment operating issues through collaborative troubleshooting, solution identification and rapid rectification of issues to resume optimal operating status at the earliest opportunity
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to resolve issues as they arise
- Always take responsibility for maintaining safe working practices, including the implementation of safe systems of work
- Experience of working with semiconductor manufacturing and test equipment such as MOCVD, ALD, etc.
- Experienced in continuously improving equipment effectiveness by analysing performance and implementing effective preventative maintenance
- Ability to work collaboratively to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and derive effective solutions to minimise downtime
- Ability to understand the technical specifications and functionality of standard and non-standard equipment and related technical systems
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to contribute ideas, effectively communicate technical information, and to report on status of work in a timely manner
- A team player with a proactive and flexible approach with the ability to handle technical and time pressured challenges calmly and effectively
- Commitment to comply with all relevant company health and safety policies and always taking responsibility for maintaining safe working practices
- Proficient in the use of standard computer packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tenacious, hands on approach to tasks & problem solving
- Diligent and methodical approach to work
- Desire to complete tasks and get results in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload across projects
- Understanding of quantitative performance analysis, e.g. SPC, DoE
Advantageous skills and experience
- Experience of working in an R&D environment
- Experience of working in a semi-conductor production environment
- Experience of formal troubleshooting techniques, e.g. 6-Sigma, 8D, FMEA
- Active interest in 2D materials