Are you an experienced Equipment Engineer and are up for a new challenge? This role offers an exciting opportunity for you to work in a fast-changing environment with a rapidly growing company.
Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge company built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our company mission is to deliver significantly improved, more accessible technologies in application spaces ranging from medical science through to green, renewable energy, bringing the benefits of graphene to all. We’re searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, passionate about delivering science and technology that will enrich society. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to Paragraf, we’d love to hear from you and find out if you’d like to join our exciting journey.
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.
To support our R&D and Production activities through maximising uptime and performance of critical process equipment, through a combination of monitoring, maintenance, and effective troubleshooting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work within a team of equipment engineers to deliver a robust programme of planned preventative maintenance which includes continual maintenance of deposition, processing, and test equipment.
- Implement and manage robust equipment monitoring processes, using data driven decision making to drive optimum equipment performance and reliability.
- Drive continuous improvement through analysis of performance and implementation of upgraded equipment and/or processes to drive up key operational metrics.
- Take the lead in resolving equipment operating issues through collaborative troubleshooting, solution identification and rapid rectification.
- Support implementation of new equipment as Paragraf expands capacity and capability.
- Work collaboratively with equipment users to promote optimal use and handling of equipment and equipment systems to ensure maximum uptime
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers and support partners to resolve issues and keep equipment optimised.
- Always take responsibility for maintaining safe working practices, including the implementation of safe systems of work.
- Experience of working within a semiconductor manufacturing or research and development environment, with particular knowledge of deposition equipment such as MOCVD, ALD, CVD and supporting vacuum and gas supply systems.
- Knowledgeable in principle of semiconductor equipment operation, including ultra-high purity gas control systems, pneumatics, vacuum systems, pumps, control electronics, safety systems etc.
- Able to continuously improve Operational Equipment Effectiveness by analysing performance and implementing effective preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in use of SPC, FMEA, 8D, DoE and lean 6sigma manufacturing approaches within the operations environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and derive effective solutions to minimise downtime.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to contribute ideas, effectively communicate technical information, and to report on status of work in a timely manner.
- A team player with a proactive and flexible approach with the ability to handle technical and time pressured challenges calmly and effectively.
- Tenacious, hands on approach to tasks & problem solving, with a diligent and methodical approach to work, and an ability to prioritise tasks and workload across projects.
- Committed to comply with all relevant company health and safety policies and always taking responsibility for maintaining safe working practices.
- An enthusiastic approach to contribute toward the growth of an exciting new company, sharing your experience and applying it to new and novel processes at the leading edge of material technology.