Excited by pushing the boundaries of Science, Engineering and Technology?
At Paragraf we have developed thin film semiconductor heterostructure devices using a proprietary process for producing single-atom thick, two-dimensional materials, including graphene, directly onto crystalline substrates such as silicon, silicon-carbide, sapphire and gallium-nitride. The contamination-free technology is scalable, and compatible with existing electronic device manufacturing production processes. Our technology is defining the next generation of electronics devices and we are looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals unafraid of challenging the currently known to deliver next generation, game changing products.
We are looking for inquisitive, bright and driven PhD or degree level graduates to join our growing family at Paragraf. We currently have several roles available in our new materials development team where we use applied science to develop and produce next generation two-dimensional and semiconductor materials and heterostructures for our next generation, transformative products. If you have a background in surface science, materials science, chemistry, physics or similar discipline and have an interest in new materials development paired with a passion for shaping the future of technology then we’d be very happy to hear from you.
The positions are ideal for recent graduates looking to develop a career in industry, training and development will be provided to enable you to grow into the role rather than an expectation that you would be joining to fulfil a specific job specification from day one.
- Become part of the material development team researching new thin film materials growth techniques and processes.
- Help produce graphene, semiconductor and two-dimensional material layers and structures.
- Delivery materials and thin film structures into technology projects and products.
- Compile updates for technology and management review teams.
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of new R&D practices, approaches and policies.
- Prepare and present project updates for internal meetings.
- Analyse, document and record results in accordance with company processes & procedures.
- Help grow and develop the Paragraf family.
- Good, applied, hands on experimental capabilities.
- Background in surface science, materials science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, or similar discipline.
- Highly proactive with a considered and organised approach to work and tasks.
- Capability to grasp scientific concepts quickly and apply these to your own work.
- Ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback.
- Ability to handle several on-going tasks and prioritise to organise own workload.
- Capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions.
- A keen interest in turning science into real world technology breakthroughs.
Advantageous, although not necessary, Skills:
- Background in materials characterisation techniques, for example Raman spectroscopy AFM, Hall, PL, SEM, XRD, and XPS.
- Knowledge of materials deposition techniques, such as CVD, ALD or PVD.
- Understanding of two-dimensional materials, technologies, device and applications.
- Knowledge of gas phase physics, chemistry and fluid dynamics.