Our company’s leadership team is seeking an experienced, results driven Sales Director to lead the global development and expansion of our graphene sensor technology sales group. With a game changing product on the market, we are looking for an individual to take control of the global sales strategy and delivery of sales for our sensor product range, driving revenue growth for a technology that has $bn market potential. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy transformative, emerging technology products that significantly improve their product and application offerings and know how to tap into those needs and desires effectively.
Reporting to the executive team, the Sales Director will be responsible for implementing, developing and growing a global sales team, and an international sales strategy resulting in strong product reach, growth and market sector expansion. You will be competitive, financially motivated and capable of communicating and disseminating your sales strategy across an international team.
Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge start-up built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our company mission is to deliver significantly improved, more accessible technologies in application spaces ranging from medical science through to green, renewable energy, bringing the benefits of graphene to all. We’re searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, passionate about delivering products and technology that will enrich society. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to Paragraf, we’d love to hear from you and find out if you’d like to join our exciting journey.
- Development of a global sales strategy, tactics, plans and targets for the GHS product group.
- Responsibility and accountability for the strong growth of sensor technology product sales.
- Build, develop and manage an international sales team.
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade and networking events.
- Maximise new business development opportunities.
- Measure, report and communicate sales performance to the Executive team.
- 10 years + of consistently meeting or beating sales targets in international businesses.
- At least 3 years in global electronics or electronic device sales.
- 3 years’ experience in a senior sales position.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies for emerging, transformative technologies.
- Deep knowledge of product sales lifecycle journeys from new product introduction, low volume high value sales, through to very high-volume commoditisation.
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to explain sales at all levels, commercially and technically.
- Well-connected in target industries and commercial spaces.
- Ability to understand technical products.
- Degree level, or above educated in relevant subject area.
Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Experience of strategic sales partnership deal making, including license and royalty models.
- Experience in startups and in technology businesses.
You’ll be required to regular work regular office hours Monday to Friday but be prepared to put in extra hours when necessary. While you’ll have an office as a base, you’ll need to take part in lots of out-of-office activities such as visiting clients and attending conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions. Your job will involve travel in both the UK and internationally. The position has an excellent, incentivised package with commission based upon success offered, together with several other benefits.