Are you an enthusiastic science undergraduate who is looking for either an industry placement year or a summer internship?
Paragraf is a young but already successful Cambridge start-up built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based electronics technologies. Our company mission is to deliver significantly improved, more accessible technologies in application spaces ranging from medical science through to green, renewable energy, bringing the benefits of graphene to all. We are searching for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what is currently out of reach, passionate about delivering science and technology that will enrich society. If you have this mindset and would like to bring your unique skills and ideas to Paragraf, we would love to hear from you and find out if you would like to join our exciting journey.
- Opportunity to help us change the world through graphene technologies
A considerate, friendly and ethical work environment.
- Through collaboration become a key member of the technology team.
- Commitment from us to provide training on all required laboratory equipment and processes.
- Experience of working in an innovative high-tech laboratory.
- Opportunity to empower your self-development.
- £17,000 per annum salary.
- Breakfast and other staff social activities.
- Provide experimental support across a range of projects, including:
- Conducting material characterisation measurements using AFM and Raman.
- Hall test measurements.
- Chemical exposure and heat tests.
- Manufacture of devices.
- Defect density measurements.
- Analysis of results and trends.
- Ad hoc experimental work.
- Presentation of results through completion of slides and verbal feedback at technology meetings
- General upkeep of equipment and liaising along with facilities team for larger maintenance work.
- Ensuring communication flow of information across the project teams.
- Technical research through the review of literature, and communication of findings.
- Management of lab consumables, including stock inventory, ordering, distribution and contact with external suppliers.
- Completion of records of invention (ROI’s) and lessons learnt documentation.
- Completion of standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Completion of COSHH forms for new on-site chemicals.
- Provide training to new joiners on equipment and experimental techniques.
- Undergraduate in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive, organised, detail oriented and demonstrate accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience.
- Experience of working in a lab environment.
- Experience in materials characterisation, AFM, Raman.