Are you experienced in the research and development of biosensors and their applications? This is a rare, exciting position to join our research team to develop novel, innovative and ground-breaking biosensing technologies from the ‘wonder material’ graphene.
Paragraf, a leading developer of graphene thin film electronics, is looking for an experienced biosensor scientist to join our growing technology team. Since its isolation in 2004 graphene has promised continually to reshape the world of electronics but has so far remained an elusive prospect. Our company vision is to finally bring the game changing capabilities of this material to the world, delivering its extraordinary benefits to global society. Built on ground-breaking advancements in graphene-based technologies the company has a wide range of technology development areas in sectors ranging from green energy generation and storage through to medical instrumentation and diagnostics and far beyond.
At Paragraf we seek like-minded, driven people inspired by the idea of achieving and delivering what’s currently out of reach. If you have this mindset and believe you can bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our exciting challenge appeals to you.
- Apply scientific knowledge to the fabrication and characterisation of biosensors using graphene
- Explore novel surface chemistry and processing to optimise the performance of biosensors for target applications
- Build and evaluate novel device structures and testing methods suitable for graphene biosensors
- Support the Research Manager as required with the daily management of activities
- Manage individual projects, as set out by our technology roadmap
- Compile updates for management team reviews
- Share research through publications and external events
- Document & implement R&D practices, approaches & policies
- Work with external partners and manage their contributions where necessary
- Knowledge and experience in biosensing, involving some or all of the following areas:
- Surface chemistry, functionalisation and processing with proteins/enzymes required to fabricate biosensors.
- Building, testing and characterisation of biosensors in any form (e.g. optical, electrochemical, magnetic)
- Using and optimising electrochemical techniques to monitor biochemical systems (cyclic-voltammetry/chronoamperometry/electrochemical impedance spectroscopy etc)
- Characterisation using surface analytical techniques (e.g. AFM, Raman, FTIR, XPS)
- Fabrication and characterisation of graphene devices and sensors
- Higher Degree (Masters/PhD) from a leading university in electrochemistry/biochemistry/ bioengineering or other related field