We are looking for a Business Developer to work across two key business fronts. Firstly, to explore potential scientific and technical development partnerships with likeminded institutes and organisations, enabling our technology to be delivered with high quality, efficiently. Secondly to initiate relationships with strategic partner companies that have complimentary capabilities and infrastructure to support delivery and high value exploitation of our products.
We are seeking an individual who can help us: -
- Identify and engage with suitable strategic partners and customers
- Nurture relationships with commercial partners to deliver products to market
- Collaborate with our research teams to source products that have commercial viability and identify opportunities for product application
- Promote our technology and ethos at networking and trade events
- Write impactful promotional materials, such as press releases and commercial communiques
- Manage our external communications through social media and our Company website.
- Work with the business development manager to shape and implement commercial ideas and strategies.
We would like you to have a scientific background, in a relevant subject, some experience of commercialising early stage technology together with a real passion for maximising the impact of the Company’s IP and the following skills and experience: -
- IP licencing, contract negotiation and developing high level commercial partnerships
- Experience in establishing relationships with commercial partners and customers
- A capability to grasp quickly new scientific concepts and technologies
- Excellent influencing skills through verbal and written communication
- An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback
- An analytical approach to work, including an understanding of the technology transfer process
- An ability to handle several ongoing projects, and can prioritise and organise own workload
- A capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions
- Confident at presenting, regardless of the audience
- 2:1 degree level in physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering or other relevant subject
Advantageous skills and experience: -
- Experience of 2D materials
- PhD in a relevant subject
- Experience of working in overseas markets
- Fluent in additional languages
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.