We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist to help us deliver improved, more accessible technology in application spaces ranging from medical science through to renewable, green energy generation, and push the boundaries of current 2D materials.
We are seeking an individual who can help us: -
- Apply scientific knowledge to the hands-on development of technologies
- Take responsibility for and manage individual projects, as set out by our technology roadmap
- Support the R&D Manager and CTO with developing our future technologies in line with our business strategy
- Compile updates for management team reviews
- Share research through publications and external events
- Document & implement R&D practices, approaches & policies
We would like you to have experience of working within a commercial environment, be driven by what is currently out of reach and the following skills and experience: -
- Strong applied and hands-on experimental capabilities
- Highly proactive with a considered and organised approach to tasks
- Project management within a commercial environment
- Qualification to PhD level in a relevant subject, or degree paired with suitable experience.
- Capability to grasp quickly new scientific concepts and technologies
- Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback
- Ability to handle several ongoing tasks, and can prioritise and organise own workload
- Capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions
Advantageous skills and experience: -
- Experience of material deposition techniques
- Background or Experience of 2D materials
- Experience of device development
- Cleanroom experience
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.