We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help us target prospective customers and collaboration partners across the globe. You will report to the CEO and will use your creative, strategic awareness and diverse technical understanding to promote and develop Company relationships, commercial pathways and product exploitation routes.
We are seeking an individual who can assist us: -
- Take our technologies to the relevant markets
- Identify and engage with suitable strategic partners and customers
- Drive negotiation of partnership contracts and licencing agreements
- Collaborate with our R&D team to highlight projects which have market potential
- Promote our technology and ethos at networking and trade events
- Manage our communications with the external world
- Support the CEO with the implementation of new commercial strategies and ideas
- Assemble a business development team through strategic recruitment, training, coaching & mentoring.
We would like you to have a scienfitic background, in a relevant subject, experience of commercialising early stage technology together with a real passion for maximising the impact of the Company’s IP, the following skills and experience are required: -
- IP licencing, contract negotiation and developing high level commercial partnerships
- Team or line management development and growth
- A capability to grasp quickly new scientific concepts and technologies
- An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback
- An analytical approach to work, including a financial understanding
- An ability to handle several ongoing projects, and can prioritise and organise own workload
- A capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions
- Confident at presenting, regardless of the audience
- 2:1 degree level, in a relevant subject (physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering)
Advantageous skills and experience: -
- Experience of 2D materials
- PhD in a relevant subject
- Experience of working in overseas markets
- Fluent in additional languages
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in and make a real difference not only to company performance, strategy and direction but also to the worldwide technology landscape. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.