We are a spin out company from Cambridge University, built on ground breaking advancements in 2D materials-based technologies. Our company goal is to make significant improvements to individuals daily lives by delivering improved, more accessible technology in application spaces ranging from medical science through to renewable, green energy generation. We are looking for people who are driven by the idea of achieving what’s currently out of reach, and passionate about delivering next generation technologies that will bring benefits to all of society. If you have this mindset and believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company we’d love to meet you and find out if our exciting challenge and fun place to work is appealing to you.
We are seeking an individual who can help us:
Maximise uptime and highest operational performance of critical hardware, through a combination of planned monitoring, maintenance and effective troubleshooting.
- Devise, implement and manage robust monitoring and maintenance processes, recording routine checks and system events.
- Take the lead in resolving equipment operating issues through collaborative troubleshooting, solution identification and rapid rectification of issues to resume optimal operating status at the earliest opportunity.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to resolve issues as they arise.
- Control stock of consumables, such as gases, chemicals and equipment spare parts to ensure systems are always available.
- Take responsibility for maintaining safe working practices at all times, including the implementation of safe systems of work.
With the following skills and experience:
- Troubleshooting of electrical and other technical issues, deviations and breakdowns through collaborative and independent working.
- Working with, and maintaining, vacuum deposition equipment with a preference for chemical vapour deposition.
- An ability to understand the technical specifications and functionality of standard and non-standard equipment and technical systems.
- An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively technical information to team members.
- An ability to reflect, learn from mistakes and respond positively to feedback.
- A flexible and analytical approach to work.
- An ability to handle several ongoing projects and can prioritise and organise own workload.
- A capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions.
- Proficient in the use of standard computer packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a R&D facility
- Technical mindset with an interest in cutting edge technology
As a start-up we would like you to enjoy the success of the company which you will be helping to build. You will benefit from a generous company share option program, market salary and pension. If you are interested in helping us change the world send us your CV. We look forward to making your acquaintance.