We are seeking an individual who can help us:
- Troubleshooting of electrical and other technical issues, deviations and breakdowns through collaborative and independent working.
- Experience of working with vacuum deposition equipment.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and functionality of standard and non-standard equipment and technical systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to approach technical challenges calmly and effectively to bring about positive outcomes.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and confidence to contribute ideas and advice, irrespective of audience level of authority.
- A proactive and flexible approach with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of standard computer packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Responsibility for ensuring critical hardware is running with maximised up-time and highest operational performance, including continual maintenance of deposition equipment and supporting systems.
- Work with robust monitoring and maintenance processes, recording routine checks and systems events.
- Take an active role in resolving equipment operating issues through troubleshooting, solution identification and rapid rectification of issues in order to resume optimal status at the earliest opportunity.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to resolve issues as they arise.
- Stock control of consumables and spare parts to ensure systems are always stocked and capable of continual operation.
- Ability to comply with all relevant company health and safety policies and to take responsibility for maintaining safe working practices always.
Advantageous for role
- Background in engineering with experience of working in an R&D environment.
- Technical mindset with an interest in cutting edge technology.
- Experience of working as part of a dynamic team in a fast-changing environment.